Q What is the Inman Aligner?
A The Inman Aligner is a form of removable orthodontic treatment which straightens the teeth quickly and relatively pain-free. There are several types of Inman Aligner currently available which include:
- Traditional Inman Aligner - uses the front metal bar and the coil system on the back of the teeth.
- White Bow Inman Aligner - the white coloured wire is designed to blend in with the colour of the teeth, making it more discreet.
- Clear Bow Inman Aligner - this is for cosmetic purposes as the wire which runs the length of the front teeth is not included.
- Invisible Inman Aligner - a new treatment that makes use of an invisible retainer.
Q How is it different from a traditional brace?
A The Inman Aligner is different from a traditional brace for a number of reasons. Firstly, the aligners can be removed, allowing for the maintenance of oral hygiene which is usually a problem for traditional brace wearers.
Also, the aligner is designed to use minimal but effective force with the coil design system at the back of the mouth and a bar at the front. This allows teeth to be gently squeezed into place.
Q Is it discreet?
A In comparison to the traditional fixed braces the Inman Aligner is very discreet. However, the small metal bar is noticeable and so the aligners are not as hidden as some other aligner treatments.
Q Am I suitable for Inman Aligner treatment?
A Inman Aligner treatment is ideal for those who have mild overcrowding issues, especially relating to the front teeth. For those with more severe cases a different brace/aligner treatment will be discussed. The Inman Aligner can also treat cross bite issues in some circumstances.
Q How long does the treatment usually take? A The Inman Aligner is designed to straighten misaligned teeth within a matter of weeks and is considered one of the fastest forms of orthodontic treatments available. Treatment times range from 6-18 weeks depending on the individual's specific requirements.
Q Will it cause pain or discomfort?
A Most users experience minimal discomfort for the first few days after receiving the aligners. There is always some discomfort involved with brace treatment as they are designed to align the teeth by means of pressure.
Mild painkillers are useful in these situations. Those who continue to suffer from pain caused by the brace may wish to visit their dentist to have the set-up of the appliance checked.
Q What does it involve?
A When choosing the Inman Aligner the following steps are taken:
- An initial consultation, which includes an examination of the teeth, photographs and X-rays.
- If suitable for the aligner a 10-day period of waiting occurs for the device to be made according to your individual measurements.
- The aligners are then fitted and the final few appointments are assigned to adjust the device and check if the treatment is successful. Usually, there are no issues during the treatment time.
Q How much does treatment cost?
A The Inman Aligner has proven to be one of the most cost-effective orthodontic treatments in recent times. Expect to pay around £1250 - £2500 in a UK practice, which is substantially lower than that of other orthodontic treatments such as the invisible and traditional types.
Q Where can I receive this treatment?
A Inman Aligner treatment is available from all Inman Aligner certified practitioners only, and it has become one of the most popular treatments at our practice. For more information on teeth straightening treatment through the Inman Aligner place get in touch with our dental team today.